Last updated November 28, 2022
Please Read Carefully Prior To Using This Website and Scanii
I. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
II. Intellectual Property Rights
1. Ownership All content, text, images, data, information and other material displayed, available or present on this Website ("Content"), including any intellectual property rights in such Content (including without limitation trademarks and copyrights) or other intellectual property rights associated with the Website (hereinafter "Intellectual Property Rights"), are the property of Uva Software LLC, its licensors, or designated owners and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws. User should assume that everything User sees or reads on this Website is protect by intellectual property rights, unless otherwise noted, and may not be used without the written permission of Uva Software LLC or the respective owner except as provided in these Terms. All Uva Software LLC trademarks are listed on the trademark list posted on the Website, which may be updated from time to time, and which is incorporated herein. All other trademarks or registered trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
2. Authorized and Prohibited Uses User may access, use, and display this Website on a single computer only and download and print copies of the Content only for non-commercial, informational, personal use, without modification or alteration in any way, and only so long as User complies with these Terms and all applicable laws. If User violates these Terms and/or any applicable laws, your permission to use the Website terminates. User may not otherwise reproduce, sell, publish, distribute, modify, display, or use any Content or portion of this Website without the prior written permission of Uva Software LLC; provided, however, if the functionality of the Website permits the e-mailing of certain Content or a link through the use of an "e-mail to a friend" (or similar) icon, User may send that particular Content to others by e-mail. User will not infringe upon any Intellectual Property Rights or remove or modify related intellectual property and/or proprietary notices contained in this Website or the Content.
3. Registration and Passwords Uva Software LLC may or may not at times require a User to have a password and provide registration details to access this Website or portions of this Website. If Uva Software LLC does require a password and registration details, it shall be a condition of use of this Website that all the details User provides are correct, current, and complete. If Uva Software LLC believes that the details are not correct, current, or complete, Uva Software LLC will have the right to refuse User access to the Website, or any of its resources, and to suspend and/or terminate User's account. User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password(s) and registration details User is given to access this Website, and User is fully responsible for all activities that occur under User's password(s) and/or registration details. User agrees to notify Uva Software LLC immediately of any unauthorized use of User’s password(s) and/or registration details. Uva Software LLC reserves the absolute right, in its sole discretion, not to issue a password to any person or entity.
III. Website and Registration Administration
1. Authority of Website Administrator Uva Software LLC may in its discretion modify, edit, translate, suspend, restrict access to, or terminate this Website, these Terms, the Content, or any link at any time without liability or prior notice. Uva Software LLC may in its discretion terminate the browsing of, registration with, and use of this Website by any User at any time without liability or prior notice for any reason, including for any breach of these Terms.
IV. User Requirements and Obligations
1. Compliance User will comply with all applicable laws in connection with use of this Website.
2. Unsuitable Conduct User will not engage in conduct on or in connection with this Website that is illegal, misleading, infringing, defamatory, obscene, offensive, or otherwise objectionable. User will not cause damage, embarrassment, or adverse publicity to Uva Software LLC.
3. User Cooperation and Notification User will cooperate with all reasonable requests of Uva Software LLC and will notify Uva Software LLC promptly upon learning of any actual or suspected breach of these Terms by User or unauthorized use or abuse of this Website.
4. Third Party Sites and Other Information As a convenience to User, this Website may contain Content, links, and other information submitted by third parties over whom Uva Software LLC has no control or responsibility. Uva Software LLC has no obligation to monitor, control, or restrict the use of this Website or third-party websites accessible via links on this Website. These other sites are not under the control of Uva Software LLC, and User acknowledges that (whether or not such sites are affiliated in any way with Uva Software LLC) Uva Software LLC is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of such sites. The inclusion of such a link does not imply endorsement of any site by Uva Software LLC or any association with its operators. Moreover, Uva Software LLC has no obligation to verify any Content submitted by any user or third party or to provide any registration or other information to User concerning any Content.
5. Warranty Disclaimers, Limitations on Liability, and Remedies This Website, its Content, and its links are provided on an "as is" and “as available” basis and are used only at the sole risk of User, to the fullest extent permissible by law. Uva Software LLC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, of any kind, regarding this Website (including its Content, hardware, software, and links), including any express or implied warranties as to fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, title, timeliness, non-infringement, results, accuracy, completeness, accessibility, compatibility, security, and freedom from computer virus. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO APPLY TO USER, THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS WILL APPLY TO USER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. Uva Software LLC will not be liable for any damages or losses, including direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental, or punitive damages, including without limitation damages for lost profits, goodwill, use, data, or other tangible or intangible losses, in connection with use of the internet, this Website, its Content, or its links, however caused, whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if Uva Software LLC has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Uva Software LLC will not be a party to, and will have no responsibility or liability for, any transaction negotiated or arranged by a User arising in connection with this Website. In any event, if any of the above provisions in this Section are not enforceable in an applicable jurisdiction, the maximum liability of Uva Software LLC will be limited to, in the sole discretion of Uva Software LLC, either the (1) correction or deletion of any inaccurate Content or link; or (2) refund of any fees for this Website received by Uva Software LLC from User.
6. Indemnification Each User will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Uva Software LLC and their respective officers, directors, employees, owners, and agents, and any of its licensors, website partners, or contractors from any demands, claims, damages, liabilities, expenses or harms, including attorney’s fees, arising in connection with User’s actions or omissions, including use of this Website, online conduct, breach of these Terms, or dealings or transactions with other persons resulting from use of this Website.
1. Separate Terms and Conditions In connection with User’s use of and/or access to Content contained in certain areas of this Website, it may be necessary for User to consent to policies or terms and conditions in addition to the Terms set forth herein, which User should read carefully before making any use of such Content or areas of this Website. Any such additional terms and conditions will not vary or replace these Terms regarding any use of this Website, unless otherwise expressly stated.
4. Modification of Terms, Etc. These Terms constitute the complete agreement between the parties with respect to their subject matter and supersede any prior agreement or communication. These Terms are subject to change from time to time and are effective immediately upon posting. Uva Software LLC will endeavor to post a notice of any changes to these Terms for a period of thirty (30) days following any such modifications. Therefore, User is advised to review these Terms occasionally or at least every thirty (30) days. User’s continued use of this Website, subsequent to Uva Software LLC’s notice of modification of these Terms, shall constitute User's acceptance of the modified Terms. If any provision of these Terms shall be found to be invalid, illegal, or otherwise unenforceable, such finding shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms, or the whole of these Terms, but such provision shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to render such provision enforceable, and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be construed and enforced accordingly, preserving to the fullest permissible extent the intent and agreements set forth in these Terms. The parties hereto are separate and distinct, and this agreement is not intended to create and does not create an agency, partnership, or joint venture relationship between the parties nor do these Terms extend to any third party. User's obligations pursuant to these Terms shall survive termination of this Website, any use of this Website, any Content provided by User on this Website, and/or these Terms.
5. Contact Information If you have any questions regarding these Terms or this Website, please contact Uva Software LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org.